Sunday, January 10, 2010

Vegetable Soup

By request from my friend Julie...

I don't have a pressure cooker to cook my roast, so I place a roast in the crockpot for about 8 hours.  I just cover the roast with water.

Once cooked, I drain the water from it, throw out any pieces of fat that may be in there, and shred the meat.

I add the following to the crock pot with the shredded roast meat:
2 large cans/jars of tomato juice (homemade juice is the best...)
Frozen vegetables - corn, green beans, carrots, peas, etc. 
My mom adds pieces of fresh cabbage - make sure they soften before eating.
I have also cubed potatoes and added them before - make sure they soften before eating.
Salt and Pepper to taste
I usually let it cook till veggies are ready to eat.

Even though this recipe is a 2 day ordeal unless you have a pressure cooker, we seem to have plenty of leftovers to take to work and to eat for another meal! 

1 comment:

MrsF said...

This is what's for dinner at our house this weekend! Thanks for the great... and EASY... recipe.