Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Chicken Sweet 'n Sour Stir-Fry

I found this recipe as I was checking out the Dole website.  It was pretty good and extremely FAST, but if I make this again, I'm going to use FRESH vegetables and my husband preferred using store bought Stir Fry Sauce versus the sauce they suggest.

Sauce: 
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce

Meat:
2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
1 tablespoon vegetable oil

Vegetables:
1/2 package (I used the entire thing.) frozen stir-fry vegetables
1 can (20 oz) DOLE Pineapple Chunks, drained

Hot cooked rice

DIRECTIONS
Combine ketchup, soy sauce, vinegar into bowl.  Stir.  (I doubled the ingredients for more sauce.) (My husband preferred using store bought stir fry sauce.)

Cook and stir chicken in large skillet in hot oil.
 Stir in vegetables, cover.  Reduce heat to low.  Cook 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. 
Stir in pineapple chunks and sauce.
Cook & stir until pineapple is heated through. 
Serve over hot rice.

Tip:  Fresh stir fry vegetables can be used in place of frozen vegetables.  When adding fresh vegetables, add 2 tablespoons of juice from pineapple and increase cooking time to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.

No comments: